QUOTE



NOW AVAILABLE AT robinmilhollandbooks.com


Spirit Seeds: Meditations for Harmony, Healing, and Enlightenment by Robin Milholland

Light Seeds: Your Personal Introduction to the Angelic Realm by Robin Milholland


COMING SOON


Soul Seeds: Lessons for the Soul by Robin Milholland

Seeds for Thought: Daily Readings for Enlightenment by Robin Milholland








Saturday, August 10, 2013

Today's Affirmation:  "Today is my day.  All possibilities are open to me."

     One of the best ways to nurture ourselves and reaffirm our life force is to reconnect with the earth.  Having a garden helps us do this.  I know what you are saying, "I don't have time for gardening!  I don't have room for a garden."  Everybody has room for potted plants and trees.  If you don't have a yard, then fill your patio or balcony or porch with lovely potted trees, cacti, flowering plants.  Water them.  Talk to them.  Nurture them.  In caring for living things, we care and nurture ourselves.  It grounds us, keeps us balanced and steady. 
     Cacti, and there are many varieties, just need sun, lots and lots of it.  So, if you have a sunny spot, grab a few interesting cacti from your local garden center or depot, put them in terracotta pots (don't use plastic, UGH!), and set them out.  They  need very little water, and will thrive throughout the year if you live in a tropical zone.  If you live in a cold place, then take them in in the winter and put them in front of a sunny window.
    
 
 
    The cacti in the rectangular pot in the back,  I call "the brothers."  This is an older picture from when I first acquired them.  They are now about 7 years old, and have grown to about 3 feet.  They are laid back boys who ask nothing more than to bask in the sun!  The plant in the front row on the left is called a Chinese Jade plant.  Jade had grown and grown, and I had transplanted her many times.  Eventually, I cut her back and made 4 different potted plants.  She, the original, and all of her sisters are thriving!  They do well in both sun and shade, and don't need much care-just a little water periodically.
 
   Now, here's a secret!  If you focus and listen very carefully, you can hear them speak!  Plant, like all living things are surrounded by electromagnetic energy.  For humans, we call it our aura.  All energy has a vibration, including plant energy.  So, if you tune in, you can feel it.  It's that energy that "speaks" to us.
 
 
 
     I know a woman who can hear plants.  They talk to her.  I call her the "Plant Whisperer."  She has a way of just tuning in and immediately knowing what their needs are.  I have relied on her many times to help me work with my plants and trees that were not doing well.  It is miraculous!  Every suggestion she offers works wonders.  Here's the irony.  My "Plant Whisperer" doesn't really have a lot of plants, and those she has, are very independent.  They pretty much survive on their own because she doesn't have much time to devote to them.  If you want her advice or services, let me know.  She's a genius!!!
 
     See, even if you don't have a lot of time to devote to a full blown garden or to lots of potted plants, you can still have them.  Get plants that are low maintenance.  They are independent creatures and will love you even if you don't have much time for them.
 
     Every morning, rain or shine, I take my cup of coffee and make my rounds around my backyard.  I greet my trees and plants and I touch them, just a brief touch, but connecting with living things growing from the earth has a calming effect on me.  I love it.  They are one way I keep myself from exploding from stress.  And who doesn't need that once in a while.
 
     I leave you today with this final message:  Surround yourself with living things, and their life force will enrich your life force.  And by the way, if someone offers you a potted plant or tree, just say thank you!
 
Love and Light,
Robin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment