QUOTE



NOW AVAILABLE AT robinmilhollandbooks.com


Spirit Seeds: Meditations for Harmony, Healing, and Enlightenment by Robin Milholland

Light Seeds: Your Personal Introduction to the Angelic Realm by Robin Milholland


COMING SOON


Soul Seeds: Lessons for the Soul by Robin Milholland

Seeds for Thought: Daily Readings for Enlightenment by Robin Milholland








Sunday, August 11, 2013

Today's Affirmation:  "Today, I am grateful for all things, large and small."

It is Sunday morning.  5:30 a.m.  I was just out back, and I looked up into the sky.  It was filled with stars.  I started to think about how grateful I was to have witnessed such beauty. 
I then began to think about GRATITUDE.



I am so grateful for so many things, not only my family, my home, and my career (which has  been very successful and rewarding), but the little things, like peace and quiet, and the early morning sky, and sunshine and rain.

How many take such things for granted?  Perhaps if we spent more time giving thanks for all the wonders in our lives, we would live more rewarding lives. 

I am grateful for all of the experiences that have contributed to the adult I have become.  I am grateful for all of the lessons that I have learned that have given me insight, knowledge, wisdom, maturity.  Not all of the lessons have been easy, oh no, but sometimes it is the most difficult lessons that give us the greatest reward.

I agree, life is not always easy.  But in those moments of difficulty, if we can remember to be grateful, it makes the difficulty a little less difficult. 

Gratitude gives us strength.  It keeps us focused on what is important in our lives and how lucky we are to have such things.  In turn, this gives us hope-hope that all will be well in the end. 

John Lennon said, "It will be alright in the end.  If it's not alright, then it's not the end."  What a genius Lennon was (he passed too soon).

Looking up into the dark blue, starry sky, I said to myself, "Yes, all will be right in the end."  There is balance in the Universe even if we cannot see it at the moment.

So, today, I will be mindful of GRATITUDE.  I will give thanks for all those who have contributed to my life-good and bad alike.

Thank you for a loving family who taught me the value of love, cooperation, patience, diligence, and perseverance.

Thank you to those who were cruel to me.  They taught me strength and courage.

Thanks for all the enjoyable experiences.  These taught me joy and celebration.

Thanks for the pain and sorrow.  They taught me compassion and endurance.

So, my Friends, be grateful for all things:  sun and rain and trees and grass and animals.  Be grateful for simple pleasures like eating ice cream.  Be grateful for birth and death, for they are part of our life cycle.

BE GRATEFUL FOR ALL THINGS.

"In the name of all that is good and true and pure in the Universe, for our highest good and the highest good of all concerned."

Many Blessings.

In Love and Light,
Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment