QUOTE



NOW AVAILABLE AT robinmilhollandbooks.com


Spirit Seeds: Meditations for Harmony, Healing, and Enlightenment by Robin Milholland

Light Seeds: Your Personal Introduction to the Angelic Realm by Robin Milholland


COMING SOON


Soul Seeds: Lessons for the Soul by Robin Milholland

Seeds for Thought: Daily Readings for Enlightenment by Robin Milholland








Sunday, February 23, 2014

 

 
Today's Affirmation

"Today I will consider whether I will continue to bend like a tree in the wind or whether I am at a place on my personal path where I can no longer bend but must stand steadfast."
Some people who don't know me very well or know me not at all may call me incorrigible; but
I'm not really. I have a very strong sense of justice-what is right and wrong, very strong
principles, and a clear image of who I am and what is right for me in order to be true to myself- "To thine own self be true, " said Shakespeare.
 
Sometimes all of these personal attributes conflict with the rules and regulations of others. But 
how can I bend to what I know, deep inside, is wrong??? Do I just follow the pack?? Do I
abandon the rules of the pack and follow my own inner knowingness?
 
 I try to be cognizant of the rules and the to follow them to the best of my ability, but when those
very rules collide with my own personal philosophy and principles, then I cannot, just cannot
bend. Yes, it is good to bend, but how far can an old tree bend before it breaks???
 
And if I am, indeed, an old tree, why should an old tree bend when it has survived for so long in
the forest? 
 
There is a time for bending, yes it is true, but there is also a time for standing steadfast with one's
feet rooted deeply and securely in the earth.
 
 I have come to the conclusion that so many of us live our lives by bending, bending, bending-to
our families, to our employers, to the image that society deems we become, but when does the
bending stop??
 
The bending stops when we wake up one morning and say, "I have lived according to others and
now I must live according to myself."
 
Be courageous, decide if it is time for you to continue to bend-if so, then please continue, for it
may not yet be time for you-or if it is time to stand steadfast and bend no more.
 
 
May the blessings of elves, men, and all free folk be with you.
 
     In Light and Love-Always,
     Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment